San Biagio Church

Also named “Santa Agata alla Fornace” from the people of Catania, it is located in front of the Roman Amphitheater. The original church is from 1098 but after the 1693 earthquake had to be rebuilt in the 18th century. The tradition tells that this is the church were the patron saint of Catania suffer the martyrdom of the kiln.

Leave a Comment