San Benedetto Monastery

The construction of the San Benedetto monastery began in the 15th century when the female monastic order of San Benedetto moved its headquarters within the city walls. The 1693 earthquake left the building completely destroyed. It was rebuilt in the 18th century. It was then when the building took its current appearance with the spectacular entrance in via Crociferi.


Leave a Comment