Palazzo Università

The building is located in Università square. It was commissioned by King Alfonso of Aragon and it was  the first and the only university of the island for a long time. It was rebuilt after the 1693 earthquake thanks to the work of illustrious architects of the period. The style is baroque. Today it is home of the Rectorate.

Leave a Comment